Microsoft Power BI bookmarks allow you to create an unlimited number of virtual pages to which the user can navigate. It is a truly game-changing feature which enables report-creators to design narrative-based reports tailored to a particular audience. This Power Bi Bookmarks course will show you how to leverage the Power BI Bookmarks and Selection panes to add interactivity to your business narratives.
You will learn how to create a web-style navigation bar complete with hidden buttons which hyperlink to your bookmark content; and how to use the Selection pane to create slicers which control the user experience, but which remain completely hidden from the user.
The course discusses the building of an interactive Power BI report from the ground up, using the Power BI Bookmark feature. We start by discussing the page itself; its shape, its dimensions and how you can use page backgrounds to add impact to your reports. We also discuss the use of a percentage-based grid and the creation of placeholders as an aid to report design.
No substantial Power BI report can be built without some degree of data wrangling; therefore, the Power BI Bookmarks course also provides users with further practice on creating DAX formulas using key functions such as CALCULATE, FILTER, ALL and VALUES.
We also discuss the benefits of using unlinked, disconnected tables to store narrative data; and the DAX measures required to retrieve data from unlinked tables, based on user actions.
In short, if you are looking to quickly get up to speed on the benefits provided by Power BI Bookmarks, this is the only course you will need.
Section 1: Getting Started
1-overview Of Course
2. Downloading the Course files
Section 2: Preparing the Power BI Page
1. Understanding Page Size and Background
2. Creating a Page Background in Adobe Photoshop
3. Creating a Page Background in PowerPoint
4. Using a Page Grid to Prepare a Storyboard
Section 3: Connecting to the Data
1. Connecting to the Excel Data
2. Transforming the Data in Power Query
Section 4: DAX and the Data Model
1. Optimizing Table Relationships
2. Using DAX Implicit Measures
3. Bypassing the Filter Context with DAX
4. Calculating Issues Resolved for the Entire Year
5. Calculating Employee Rating for the Entire Year
Section 5: Creating the Filtered Visuals
1. Creating the Employee Details Table
2. Creating a Pie Chart to Show SLA breakdown
3. Creating a Bar Chart to Show Issue Outcomes
4. Specifying Visual Interactions
Section 6: Using the Bookmarks and Selection Panes
1. Overview of the Selection Pane
2. Overview of the Bookmarks Pane
3. Importing the Staff Images
Section 7: Creating the Navigation Bar
1. Creating a JPEG in PowerPoint
2. Creating Invisible Buttons
Section 8: Using an Unlinked Table for Narration
1. How Unlinked Tables Work
2. Using the Text Wrapper Custom Visual
3. Retrieving a Value Based on the Current Selection
Section 9: Finalizing the Project
1. Adding the Spotlight Effect
2. Publishing and Testing
Ability to use a PC and familiarity with general computing concepts and techniques, such as copying and pasting. To take this course, you should also know the basics of Microsoft Power BI.
Certificate of Attendance/Completion/Achievement (no assessment element)
Variable - to suit the learner
No time limit
£49 for single-user sign-up £255 for company sign-up (unlimited users)
G Com Solutions design customised and effective training solutions in partnership with our clients; which equip their people with the computer skills necessary to work more productively and effectively. By delivering our training on-site, we are able to save our clients money and to personalise our courses in a manner which is not feasible with public training courses. We believe that the one-size-fits-all approach to IT training is unfair to our clients; instead we prefer to take a cooperative and collaborative approach to on-site training. True, our trainers know computer software inside-out; but we rely on you, our clients, to tell us what you need from that software. This insight enables us to focus on those features which will
Great! You've found a course. Still have a few questions? Here are the top three things you should ask the course provider before booking:
They'll also be able to help you with questions around payment plans, flexible learning, start dates and more.
Click the green 'GET COURSE INFO' button to get in touch with the them directly.