The Health & Social Care (QCF) - Level 3 Course is ideal for those wanting to pursue a career in the Health and Social Care industry and looks to equip students with a better understanding of the care industry in general.
The course strives to assess the students development and knowledge and skills related to the health and social care. Popular job roles in this sector include: Senior Care Assistants, Support Workers, and Key Workers in residential settings, as well as domiciliary services and day services.Please Note: A work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option. The placement needs to be sufficient to enable students to gather the workplace evidence required to demonstrate the range of competencies set out in the course syllabus.
The course lessons are as follows:-
• Unit 1 - The role of the health & social care worker
• Unit 2 - Promote communication in health and social care settings
• Unit 3 - Support Individuals with specific communication needs
• Unit 4 - Implement person centred approaches in health & social care
• Unit 5 - Principles of safeguarding and protection in health & social care
• Unit 6 - Principles for implementing duty of care in health and social care settings
• Unit 7 - The principles of infection prevention and control
• Unit 8 - Causes & spread of infection
• Unit 9 - Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
• Unit 10 - Move & position individuals in accordance with their plan of care
• Unit 11 - Support use of medication in local care settings
• Unit 12 - Support positive risk taking for individuals
• Unit 13 - Engage in personal development in health and social care settings
• Unit 14 - Promote person-centred approaches in health and social care
• Unit 15 - Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care settings
• Unit 16 - Promote good practice in handling of information in health and social care settings
• Unit 17 - Support individuals to access and use services and facilities
• Unit 18 - Principles of supporting individuals to maintain personal hygiene
On successful completion on this course students will receive an accredited Level 3 QCF Diploma Qualification with 58 Credits.
There is no previous learning knowledge needed to enrol on to this programme. However, it would be useful if the learner has existing knowledge or experience in Health and Social Care. Please Note: A work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option. The placement needs to be sufficient to enable students to gather the workplace evidence required to demonstrate the range of competencies set out in the course syllabus.
Training Qualification UK
Nationally recognised qualification
No time limit
Distance Learning Courses Limited (t/a Distance Learning Centre ) is a leading supplier of distance learning courses in the UK and offer more than 250 distance learning courses covering a wide variety of subjects ranging from teaching assistant courses and health care courses to web design courses and A Level courses which you can study at your own pace from home or work. Our experienced staff are dedicated to the success of our students and will offer invaluable support every step of the way. Advantages of Distance Learning There are many advantages to Distance Learning, but the main advantages have to be cost and flexibility. With Distance Learning there is no need to attend a classroom
Great! You've found a course. Still have a few questions? Here are the top three things you should ask the course provider before booking:
They'll also be able to help you with questions around payment plans, flexible learning, start dates and more.
Click the green 'GET COURSE INFO' button to get in touch with the them directly.