Make this Bookkeeping course your first step to a high-status, well-paid career as a bookkeeper!
Designed for people who want to take their first steps towards becoming a bookkeeping, this is a practical, manual bookkeeping course that gives you a nationally recognised Pitman Training certificate at the end.
The course also covers part of the OCR and IAB Level 2 book-keeping examination requirements.
Bookkeeping for beginners is a fantastic self-paced course, which is made up of 8 practical, action packed lessons, covering the following:
• Lesson One – The role of the book-keeper, the difference between capital, assets and liabilities, the dual effect of transactions and the double entry system, the accounting equation, the difference between cash and credit transactions, preparing simple balance sheets, identifying transactions in ledger accounts
• Lesson Two – The basic principles of Value Added Tax, calculating VAT, constructing sales invoices, trade and cash discounts, posting sales invoices to the General Ledger
• Lesson Three – Checking purchase invoices for accuracy, credit notes, posting purchase invoices and credit notes to the General Ledger, the purpose of the Purchases Day Book, Purchase Ledger, posting an Analysed Day Book to the General Ledger and Purchase Ledger
• Lesson Four – Purpose of an Analysed Sales Day Book, making postings to the General Ledger and Sales Ledger, understanding why Returns Day Books are used, identifying debit and credit entries, using day books confidently and accurately.
• Lesson Five – Why the Cash Book is used, processing Cash Book payments and receipts, balancing the Cash Book, preparing a postings list, preparing a 3 column Cash Book
• Lesson Six – Why the Petty Cash Book is used, processing Petty Cash payments and receipts, balancing the Petty Cash Book, preparing a cheque requisition
• Lesson Seven – Using a Postings List to update the General Ledger, updating the Sales and Purchase Ledger from the Cash Book, balancing ledger accounts, posting balances from a list, coding day books
• Lesson Eight – The purpose of a trial balance, preparing a trial balance, demonstrating the ability to maintain day books, prepare ledger balances and extract a trial balance
Studying this course allows you to sit the two online assessments that lead to the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification.
How We Train
You can study Bookkeeping for Beginners either at our training centre in Holborn, or from home via our distance learning programme.
It's a self-paced course, and you can study when you like during our long opening hours.
When you get stuck, or have any problems, our friendly training team are on hand to help you.
Overall, the course takes the average student around 22 hours to complete.
If you'd like to find out more about our bookkeeping courses, or if you want to arrange a free demo, just send us an enquiry and we'll get back to you within one working day.
Course Provider Diploma/Certificate/Award (this must include an assessed element)
No time limit
Pitman Training London (High Holborn) offers the easiest way to gain nationally recognised qualifications to help you get that dream job! You can start a course at any time and study at times to suit you. We're open from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Thursday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm on Fridays and 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturdays. With us you can study on drop-in or flexi-study basis, where you're not tied down to a regular timetable - great if you work shifts or have lots of time commitments! And because Pitman Training is one of the oldest names in office skills training, you'll soon have the practcial skills to impress employers and the certificates to prove how good you are.
Great! You've found a course. Still have a few questions? Here are the top three things you should ask the course provider before booking:
They'll also be able to help you with questions around payment plans, flexible learning, start dates and more.
Click the green 'GET COURSE INFO' button to get in touch with the them directly.